We talked about in several articles of rebound on the ViewSonic gTablet but slightly more have said about this tablet is the spoiled child of the XDA Developers and that so good reputation is gaining among the community of users and developers of Android that you already have one in your hands. So he plays speak a little of it and all its virtues.
Let’s start with a review of your technical specifications:
- Dual core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 ARM Cortex A9 processor.
- 10.1 inch LED-type and resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
- 512 MB base memory.
- Memory internal storage of 16 GB, with the possibility to extend it through a microSD up to 32 GB)1).
- It has only 1.3 megapixel front camera.
- 3650 MAh battery that say it gives autonomy for 10 hours, and that result with a charger (owner)2).
- It has a USB 2.0 connector)3) to prick him a current external keyboard.
- Other connector microUSB)4) and a standard socket (headphones)5), as well as a microphone)6) and 2 speakers)7).
- The base includes a proprietary dock connector)8) where we would have output video HDMI, USB and audio.
- Switch () button9) and volume () control10), in addition to 4 buttons touch typical Android next screen
- Also includes Bluetooth 2.1 and WiFi b/g /.
This tablet has a number of advantages with respect to the rest of the offer in the market that we’ve decided to comment, so you record everything and now each act accordingly:
- In the United States can be found in Amazon.com at a price of between 280-300 dollars depending on the day, price gross that opened that apply fees or taxes. All this buying it you and bringing it under the arm. At the moment it is a product for the American market and I don’t think that Amazon.com will send it out of the country.
- The processor and the graphics are the same as those of the rest of the range of current tablet with Honeycomb.
- USB 2.0 connector for connecting a current keyboard without problems.
Also has its disadvantages that it must not let pass up:
- Includes 512 MB base memory, only when the normal would be 1 GB.
- The screen has a pretty bad viewing angle and reflects too, in addition to a resolution that is much lower than the Motorola Xoom, for example, which has 1280 × 800 pixels.
- It does not include rear camera, although it is something that I personally wouldn’t miss.
- The finishing of the materials is generally pretty mediocre.
With such telling details, let’s get to what really matters, what makes it one very interesting Tablet for people who want to be testing things and a day at all what’s happening around Honeycomb, either official or extra-officially:
- The first of the list it summarizes everything, is the tablet that uses the famed group of developers XDA Developers. With this tablet they are testing everything and obviously there is much documentation and support forums.
- First, your bootloader already got romperor and have even managed to put Android 3.0 Honeycomb, so if you want to stay up to date with that platform from Google, but without having to spend much money I think making it a reasonable candidate.
- A few days ago have been published that they have managed to get it to 1.6 GHz, but on the basis of a stable speed of 1.4 GHz, or already are also working you overclocking.
- We also have the estimated support of CyanogenMod, which in its current version 7 already provide support for this tablet with Android Gingerbread 2.3.3.
All users have our consumer profile, and I guess many are the ones who we like to be informed and up-to-date on all operating system updates. Surely, with this tablet and sponsored by XDA Developers this will not be any problem.
All its official characteristics are shown in the following video, in English,.
And this another video, also in English, shows a comparison of your specifications in comparison with the Motorola Xoom.
It is understood that this tablet cannot be compared in some specifications and finishing with the rest of the market, but if you look at it by the price according to offer and the chance to enjoy the latest I think which is ideal. Am I the only one who buy it at the price of us if they sell it in Spain?